Wednesday, December 1, 2010

three.

3. a picture or description of your favorite place in the world
somewhere you visit daily or at least fairly often
Newport, California.


I can not even begin to describe what this place means to me. 



it all started here... 
and kept growing...



Family. disneyland. balboa bars. body surfing. cheesecake factory. sandcastles. ocean. sunburns. newport beach. the peer. rollerblading. beach cruisers. movies. beach house. sand. dancing. shopping. volleyball. campfires. swimming. the fairy. chocolate covered banana's. deep holes. sun bathing. laughing. seashells. six flags. California.


i have spent every summer, since the year i was born, in Newport, California.  it holds my very dearest memories.  it is impossible for me to describe… put into words my love for this breathtaking place.  it is where i feel the most happy, where all my concerns seem so unimportant. there is something very healing to me about California. just the smell of the air... the feel of the sand between my toes... the bright blue waves... the time spent with my dear family.  all my cares are wiped free and i can focus on the things truly important in my life- my family.










just this last summer we were in California when we learned of our grandfather’s death.  i will never forget that evening, sitting in the hot tubs with my cousins, all together as a family.  I remember feeling the deepest hurt i’ve ever experienced...  when the tears started falling, fast and hard i felt the arms of my cousin Jake wrap around me...  

 i couldn’t help but to feel a certain gratitude to my California, for bringing my family together at such a difficult time.  The strength and comfort provided, will always be with me.

 i now have an even deeper love and appreciation for this beautiful place.  California holds some of my dearest memories of my grandpa and grandma Brown... waking up early to walk along the shore, hand in hand with my grandma looking for the most beautiful seashells to add to our collection... or grandpa taking my cousins and me rollerblading on the peer or racing us to the ocean for some intense body surfing J they taught me how to enjoy life and what it means to treasure family. 






i know that California will never be the same without my sweet grandparents.  But I also know that there is no better place for me to feel of their presence and to be enfolded in their memories.  i'm so grateful for all the summers spent under the hot California sun.  there is no other place i would rather spend my time.  i love it more than anything.  and i love it most of all for bringing my family together.

Newport, California. i love you.

2 comments:

  1. You've got a gift for formatting to keep people interested, and you've got a great voice through the whole thing.

    Keep posting, it reads well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much mr. wyatt frasier :)

    ReplyDelete