Tuesday, March 16, 2010

..Although we can't Relive, we can Remember..

n English today we were having a group discussion on a poem we had just read. I was writing down subconsciously the words of my teacher and classmates when all of a sudden I stopped. Looking back to the words I had just written in my notebook I read this phrase: “Although he can’t relive, he can remember”.




Immediately I fell in love with these seven simple words. I laughed as I recalled the conversation I had with my mom only this morning about how much I miss certain times in my life. I was complaining about how unfair it is that good things have to leave and wonderful moments can’t last forever. I would give anything to keep reliving those happy days.


This phrase put things into perspective for me :) how lucky am I to have had such amazing experiences in my life! Sure, I wish they would never end and I could relive them over and over. but… sad to say, I can’t. However, the beautiful part of memory is that the experiences can always be with me, I can always remember!


After having this epiphany I sat in my chair and recalled some of the happiest moments of my life… smiling to myself the entire time. No doubt I looked ridiculous, but the great thing was I didn’t care :) I am so grateful for the experiences good and bad that have made me who I am today. I know I won’t ever be able to go back and relive, but I can find joy and peace in the fact I can, and will always remember!










1 comment:

  1. jen bear! Welcome. I'm so glad I found this adorable little blog of yours. It's fun to see the thoughts that bounce around in your brain :) Love you

    ReplyDelete