Thursday, February 24, 2011

days of me.

I am:
dancing, barefoot
in the rain, my hair
falling out of place
celebrating the
movement
reverberation
the emotion
unaware and uncaring
of who’s watching
judging

giggling to myself as
I tell the joke completely
wrong


holding my best friend’s hand
as she so peacefully
takes her
last
breath, leaving me
thursday dreaming. / narelle *
alone in this life

heart racing
pounding
silently as possible tip
toeing, feeling the chill
of the midnight grass


dark sky, illuminating
stars,
first kiss
innocence
butterflies


protective, brave
and strong
aspiring
to be like you
wrapped so securely in
your arms
hold me, as I cried
goodbye
you are changing,
blessing
so many lives

peanut-butter
apples
the feel of linen sheets
fairytells
toes- barefoot
in the mud
the thought of
growing old
chocolate-covered
strawberries, running
through the
sprinklers
butterfly kisses with
my daddy




















dreaming of an even better tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment